Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Hot drinks and a night out

Met up with some friends in the beautiful Parque Central and drank mate. Mate is a central part of the culture in Argentina. One person prepares the mate. The cup and straw are shared and passed around in a circle. A little strong/bitter the first try, but you can always add sugar :)
The wind was strong, so we decided to move inside to a cafe. I ordered a cafe dolce which is coffee and condensed milk at the bottom. Super sweet and yummy.

For the first time since arriving, my host family and I went out to dinner. The bread came with spreadable cheese instead of butter. Definitely prefer the cheese.

Water is not free. Most people drink agua con gas o "soda," but I'm sticking to my roots with this agua sin gas.

Bife con papas fritas. Very popular meal here. Everything was soooo good.

For dessert back at home: canned peaches (duranos) with dulce de leche. I'm really starting to become a dulce de leche fiend...

No comments:

Post a Comment