Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Buenos Aires

Three days in Buenos Aires before arriving in Mendoza...


Ensalada con tomates y parmesana.

Balsamic and oil.
Spanish tart. Egg tart filled with potatoes.

Ravioli with pesto and creme.

Sweet potato blend and sweet cheese. Not really sure what these are called...

I tried to eat the sweet potato and cheese thing with bread, but it's meant to be eaten by itself. Note also, flan (or bread pudding...not sure...) with dulce de leche and sweet cream.
My first Argentinian empanada.


Fried calamari.

Breakfast at the Dazzler Palermo Hotel in the "Hollywood" district of Buenos Aires. I could look across my balcony and see the FOX network working away. Croissants are called medialunas.
Cafe con leche.

We went to a market.


Honey comb.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Rachel, I miss so many of the foods in this post. The dessert you're referring to is called queso y dulce (literally cheese and sweet) and the flavor of dulce seems to be batata (which, if I remember correctly, is not quite a sweet potato?). My host dad used to eat it all the time and I developed quite a fondness for it. The empanadas and medialunas also look heavenly. Definitely try a humita empanada, since you won't be able to find it anywhere outside of Argentina. Also try the medialunas de grasa (I think this is what they are called?)-- they are made with lard instead of butter and are decadent and just perfect for dipping in your coffee, whcih is what everyone does down there. Please keep enjoying everything! I am loving this throwback. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queso y dulce...ahora yo se :) Necesito probar una humita empanada y medialunas de grasa!! Gracias para vos consejos. Me encanta Argentina!!

    ReplyDelete