Friday, August 29, 2014

I Never Go To School

The weather dropped from comfortably warm to super chilly, leaving me with a cold. This always happens to me when the weather suddenly changes and it's anything but fun. The only cure is rest, tea and time.
My host mom's son lives in Brazil, so she gave me this lime and honey tea from Brazil to try. Very strong and soothing for a sore throat.
I stayed home from school so I had time to Skype with a friend. School in the U.S. is about to start up again. I'm not missing it, but I am missing my friends and how comfortable I feel around them.
As I was lying in bed trying to recover, my host mom brought me cookies with dulce de leche. That's my kinda medicine.
The next day, I also didn't go to school because there was a nation wide strike. Very few micros (buses) are running, flights are cancelled, and my university is closed. From my understanding, various types of employees including bus drivers, professors, and medical professionals are demanding higher pay. Apparently bus drivers are paid extremely well, even more than professors, but that's not saying much because professors are not paid well. For lunch I had spinach filled ravioli with a chunky meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Slowly starting to feel better. Seems my host mom can cure a cold with her cooking.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, your blog is so cool. Did you get to go to Buenos Aires because of school, or how?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks Taylor. Yes, I'm studying abroad in Argentina through my university.

    ReplyDelete