Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bento and Whole Foods

I recently stopped being a vegetarian after four years of no meat/fish/chicken/etc. Since changing my diet, it has been fun rediscovering the tastes of different meat and fish, finding out what I like and don't like, and, of course, bacon. This is not to say I have forgotten why I became a vegetarian four years ago or that I don't recognize the many benefits from eliminating/limiting meat from your diet. I decided to start eating meat again because I will be studying abroad and living with a host family and, for me, it's easier not to be a picky eater while living abroad. Since returning to meat,  my usual menu favorites are morphing. At Bento in Orlando, FL, I would always order the Veggie Roll, but this time, in addition to the Veggie Roll, I ordered the Special Mexican Roll. It was so good I'm probably never ordering the Veggie Roll again. 

I stopped by Whole Foods later for some fruit samples. 

Special Mexican Roll (front row): shrimp tempura, cream cheese, avocado, ebi, eel sauce and spicy mayo.
Veggie Roll (back rows): avocado, cucumber, cream cheese, carrots, and scallions.



No comments:

Post a Comment