Thursday, September 18, 2014

Favorite Things

A random sampling of the food/drink I've been enjoying for the past few weeks.

Pork chops and potatoes. (photo not taken by me).
We have a thing called "Cafecitos" in my study abroad program. About once a month we all get together at the program director's giant apartment and eat desserts and drink tea. Ricotta cheese cake, strawberry cheese cake, an oreo, an alfajore, and peanut butter ( a rarity here (!!!)).

I'm seriously craving gooey, soft, melty, chocolatey chocolate chip cookies right now. I don't know if they exist here. but these are my new favorite brand of packaged cookies. Super useful when travelling/hiking.

I came home from class to a pan of green beans, slices of ham, and an egg. I ate the entire pan.
I bought all of the mate necessities!! You have to make mate portable as it's a social thing to be taken in the park or during class. Thermos, container for yerba (herbs), yerba (Taragui Citrus flavor even though my host mom told me to buy the "red flavor." I rebelled.), and of course the actual mate, which is like a gourd on the inside and on the outside leather, with a straw to filter the herbs.



No comments:

Post a Comment